protection.

9:27 AM

Two weeks ago, I attended a church service with the Ugandan teammates. At one point, the pastor opened up the floor for the crowd to shout out what they wanted to thank God for. The thank you’s consisted of grace, forgiveness, love, jobs and provision. There was a short pause followed by a small voice that called out “Thank you Lord for protection”. I didn’t have to look behind me to know it came from one of our Ugandan teammates. I was laid out on the seat in front of me and, encompassed in the moment, there was confirmation of what I was fighting for. 

What a gift human life is, what a rare occurrence it is that you are here, that I am here. How unfair and unjust it is that a life that has already taken so much to enter into the world would have to fight daily to stay in the world. If you are updated on the war in Central Africa, you know that the war has moved out of Northern Uganda and into the areas of Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC), Central African Republic (CAR) and South Sudan. I rejoice that the people of Northern Uganda no longer have to live in constant fear of abduction. However 440,000 are still displaced with an estimated 30,000 children abducted and terror continuing into 3 surrounding countries. I’m so ready for this war to end. So ready. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments